Monday, November 3, 2008

Do Not Fear, God IS In Control!!

Sorry I haven't been around in awhile. I have too many things going on but I won't into that here. This is a place for me to get away from 'all that'.

All I've heard anywhere lately is about the election, the possibilities if Barack Obama is elected, how the end is here and B.O. is the beginning of the end. I have been doing a lot of talking myself. It's the first election that I can remember that there has been so much fear, intimidation, fighting among family, and even talk about arming our homes !

I've found myself watching FOX news more than any time in my life and I don't usually watch the news! Yes, things are getting intense. But what I feel that God is speaking to his people is that we need to stay focused. Lately I've had a song continuously running in my mind...Keep our eyes on Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will look strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace! Do any of you remember that song? I love it and it has many times brought me back to the realization that He's the one that we need to focus on. He is more powerful than any President, group, agency or party.

When I read His word this morning I found something that has always been a comfort. In times like this, we need to be reminded just how big our God is. Isaiah 40:12 & 15

Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighted the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance? ......V 15, Surely the nations are like a drop in a bucket; they are regarded as dust on the scales; he weights the islands as though they were fine dust.

I have to refer to these types of scriptures. In fact, depend on them many times when facing problems or, like now, the world is looking so bleak. I think of the safety of my children and grandchildren, my friends and their children or all of those that I love and care about. When my guard is down, I fear for them. I can take care of my relationship with God but I can't for them. I can't be there when the going gets so tough or the stressors are coming from every direction. But I can lift them up to the Lord and remember Isaiah 40:11

He tends His flock like a Shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart. He gently leads those that have young.

He has given us the privilege to pray. The knowledge and wisdom to know that He's got it all in control and He loves us enough to include His protective hand over those that are close to our hearts. He's given us all of the tools to fight against the enemy in Ephesians 6:10-18.

As Children of the King, we are favored! Wow, read Isaiah 40:12 & 15 again. Now realize that WE have HIS FAVOR! Yes, I will vote tomorrow but God is the one who is really in control. I kind of like rubbing elbows with the power of God. How about you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me of the verse, "Be still and know that I am God"---God indeed is in control---all we need to do is to submit to Him and trust Him to deliver us.

looney2n said...

Hi Binkee!
Yep, I agree. Either way the election goes, we have nothing to fear because we are rubbing elbows with the ONE who has complete control. How awesome is that! Thanks for stopping by and God Bless you!

Lori Laws said...

I love that song Linda. Yup, no fear...He's in total control!

looney2n said...

Hi Lori,
That song has been a favorite of mine since...well, since I can remember. We have to remind each other that God is in control always. I think that is one of the key reasons that God gave us friends. When one gets down or worried,the other needs to help keep focused.

I've been having pc problems. By the time it all gets fixed, I've got a lot of reading to do on your blog as well as others. Thanks for stopping by. God bless!

Linda