Saturday, November 22, 2008

Addendum to "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you...God"

I just want to add some things and clarify the reasons for my last post.


Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the numbers of abortions taking place in our world today. I went to Lori Laws blog, Persevere
http://persevere-lori.blogspot.com/ and saw the counter there so I grabbed it to put on my blog. After putting it up and thinking about my own ignorance when I was young, I wondered how many other girls there had to be who were thinking of having an abortion, and like me, didn't have any idea what really happens to their baby during an abortion.


Granted, I was young when I looked into abortion as a way out of a bad situation and therefore I was very ignorant of most things in life. But I think that even if a person is older, if all they know is that having an abortion is just an 'easy fix', how many of them will really look into what it actually is or how it's done? But how many of them, when reading the material like I did back then, would actually go through with it?



I am not proud of what I almost did back then. After my last post some have said that they commend me for being honest. Although I appreciate the compassion and the compliment extended to me, I didn't post about this for that reason. I want nothing for sharing this part of my past and I certainly don't deserve a pat on the back. I thought that if just one person read my post and it made them reconsider getting an abortion, it would be well worth me 'airing my dirty laundry'.

Another reason for posting is that I'm sure there are women out there that have already had abortions and at this very minute are being torn apart by guilt and despair. They need to know that God's peace and forgiveness is always available to them, just for the asking. If any person is to find peace with God, they need to know that He will forgive us for anything, yes, even for killing a child. People need to see God in all of His mercy and love and know that He knows our deepest secrets and is still willing to accept us.


It's no secret that our days are going to be coming to an end very soon. Even non-believers are talking about it. I feel that it's important that we, as Christians, become transparent to the world. Too many unbelievers think that Christians are weak and don't understand them because we're not walking in their shoes. I think it's important for them to see that Christians sin too. We too have wallowed in sin and despair, so deep sometimes that we felt trapped or felt like there was no way out. It's important to know that we all have the option to go to Him with all the muck in our lives. If we do, God will find us and meet us right where we are. He accepts us BEFORE we are sin free and loves us just as if we are pure even though we aren't. That is why we choose the road less traveled, commit our lives to Him and that is why we are so passionate about Our God.

There's not much time to plant the seeds in the world and win souls to Christ. What better way to show the world how awesome God is than to show them the sins that God has already washed away. I personally need to 'shout from the rooftops' the mercy, forgiveness and love that God is all about and these are all available to anyone. All you need to do is ask.

Will you ask Him today?

No comments: