Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Award for 'Oaks of Righteousness'

A few weeks ago I was blessed to receive a Butterfly Award from a new friend in Christ, Lori Laws at http://persevere-lori.blogspot.com. What a nice surprise Lori. Thank you!

I am to forward this on to 10 others and then link back to the person that sent it to me. I don't know that many blogs, but here are the some that have touched my life or inspired me in one way or another. I thank each one of you for your uniqueness and your willingness to share.

Tracy@ http://www.tracywriting4him.blogspot.com

Alan Knox@ http://assembling.blogspot.com

Grace @ http://whisperofgrace.blogspot.com

Alexander@ http://alexanderwrites.blogspot.com

Jay@ http://transparentchristianmagazine.com

Chris @ http://thebiblepost.blogspot.com

Mike @ http://mikeratliff.wordpress.com

Myraine@ http://realitiesandrealizations.blogspot.com

(I've never put links in before, so fold your hands and pray these work :)

Although I haven't been blogging very long and still have so much to learn, I've found that there are communities of bloggers out there that are sincere and loving people who care greatly for others. That is a wonderfully refreshing fact and one that surprised me in the first few weeks of my blogging life. In a world that is falling apart around us with crime increasing at rates unheard of before and full of so much selfishness and pride, I'm happy to see that there is constancy in God's people.

I discovered almost immediately that the evidence of God's abiding love is spread into all areas of our lives with the use of the Internet. People want God in their lives. They may not even know it, but our Lord has designed us this way. Although many people may claim that they don't believe in God and even claim they hate Him, they still search for something to fill a void in their lives. This void has the distinct shape of God. Unfortunately as they search they will sometimes try anything to fill that emptiness and may turn to such things as drugs, sex or even cult activities but this fails them as well. If they persist to search and usually if someone is praying for them they may eventually find Him, God, the author of that driving desire to feel complete or whole.

God has strategically placed His people throughout our grand earth. As He puts it,

“They will be called oaks of righteousness,a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.” --Isaiah 61:3 (NIV)

He describes them as 'Oaks of righteousness', a planting of the Lord! That, to me is a wonderful picture. They are using the gifts that God has given them to glorify Him by helping others and in so doing, 'displaying His splendor'! God uses them with their strengths and weaknesses, just the way they are. Some have or still are going through unbelievably painful trials, yet they forge forward with swords, the word of God, in hand, doing the work that they were designed to do. They accept God as He is, powerful, merciful and the author and finisher of all things. They are a friend of God.

They have become useful servants, willing to plant the seeds of God's truth, to water those seeds or pray for other saplings who can also begin to grow in the Lord. The new saplings can then go on to be a useful weapon in God's army, and in doing so the circle of life in Christ begins again.

I've been blessed to meet a few of these 'Oaks of Righteousness' right out here on the internet! Earnestly giving of themselves and doing an awesome job for the sake of their God. I pass on to them the butterfly award that I've received. The butterfly is a symbol of life. I pray they continue to speak God's truths and go on to inspire others as they have inspired me. I want to also pass on the writings of Ralph I. Tilley as he so accurately describes just what these people mean to me.

Oaks Of Righteousness

In the midst of moral confusion,
Surrounded by darkness and despair,
God has planted His servants,
Who breathe in Heaven’s air.



With roots reaching deeply into God:
His holiness, mercy, truth and love;
Each moment they are nourished
On nutrients from above.

Having weathered many storms and droughts,
More than once appearing far weaker;
What would have killed lesser souls
Only makes these much stronger.



With their arms ever-stretching upward,
And faces gazing into the light;
They taste the dews each morning,
Drinking in the Spirit’s might.

While many others lie on the ground,
Casualties to the flesh and shame;
These stalwarts have stood the test of time,
Protected through Jesus’ name.



They are the Lord’s own chosen planting,
Displaying His splendor all around;
“Oaks of Righteousness,” He says—
May their number, Lord, abound.

Written by Ralph I.Tilley (Life in Spirit Ministries)http://www.lsministries.org/

I pray the Lord continues to bless you all as you continue growing in Him!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

Thank you for giving this award to me. I am pleased to know that you find The Bible Post to be helpful.

Blessings to you,
--Chris

Lori Laws said...

Hooray!! Now you know how to do links! Great poem too. God bless you Linda. Oh, and congrats on your award!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda(my other mother(:
Congrats on the award! You deserve it. Good job and keep on keepin' on! Loved the poem. I know I have been a casuality to flesh and shame. But still protected in Jesus name comforts me! He waits for "me" to look up. My hope is that I continue to seek God first in everything(and surrendering all to Him) cause I know I'll screw it up without the "relization" that God is on my side and the "realization" that I am lost without God. I continue to grow and hope and pray to be an "Oak of Righteousness." Love you, JENI

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet of you to give me that award! Thank you so much! I write for the Lord and truly desire to further His Kingdom. We are running out of time and we must be about the Father's business. You are a dear! Thanks again! Be blessed! Tracy :)

Anonymous said...

I am very honored being given this award. Thanks for appreciating my posts. This will further my commitment to write more articles that may inspire other people.

Anonymous said...

I am very honored to receive such award. Thanks for appreciating my posts. This will further my commitment in writing more articles that may inspire other people.

Please always support my blogsites:

Realities and Realizations
Innovations and Services

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the award!

I'm glad you enjoy my site, and I hope it is ministering to you in some way!

Thanks,
Jason Elkins
Editor
TransparentChristianMagazine.Com

looney2n said...

Hi Chris, You deserve all kinds of awards. Your blog is full of wisdom and I can always tell you've put tons of time and prayer into them. Thanks for everything! God Bless!

looney2n said...

Hi Lori,
Yeah, I can do links and even a few other things. I'm learning, slowly. Thanks again for the butterfly award. I love butterfly's. That poem hit me as being very 'right on' with how I feel about all of the new friends I've gotten from blogging. God Bless you!

looney2n said...

Jeni,
We've all been casualties to flesh and shame. Don't feel alone. And before our Lord comes, we'll probably fall victim to them again. But, God is merciful, knows what we go through and loves us just the same. So don't get too down on yourself when you slip up. Just allow God to teach us through every battle and ultimately, get stronger in Him. When things get tough, just try praising God. The enemy HATES that and eventually he won't attack as often if he knows we are going to turn everything around for the glory of God. Take care Jeni. Thanks and God Bless, love ya,
mom(your other one!)

looney2n said...

Tracy,
Your blog is inspiring and I can tell you are a women after God's heart. I will be back to visit often. Thanks for stopping by. God's best to you!

looney2n said...

Myraine,
I've been finding many inspirational blogs lately. Yours is one I feel God specifically led me to. Keep listening to His voice and writing what He puts on your heart. God Bless you as you listen for His voice!